HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - If you love coffee as much as we do here on Sunrise, you'll definitely want to check out DFS Galleria Waikiki's "Art of Hawaiian Coffee." Visitors will have the opportunity to meet local coffee growers and taste a variety of Hawaiian coffee from different islands. The event is free and open to the public each night from 7 to 10 p.m. through Tuesday, August 16.
This week features: an open café in the Luxury Walk; daily coffee tasting events including a coffee pairing with chocolate; exhibit and seminars on the story of coffee in Hawaii; coffee art classes for children; a showing of original art by local artist inspired by coffee; coffee-themed makeup demonstrations; shopping for specialty coffees from Hawaii coffee farms; and live music and entertainment.
For more information, visit Art of Hawaiian Coffee on Facebook or call DFS Galleria Waikiki at (808) 931-2700.
Sampling time: 8/9–8/16, 7pm-10pm
Honolulu Coffee Company Café
Hawaiian Coffee Exhibition
- Displays and equipment depicting the history of coffee growing in Hawaii
8/9-8/16, 7pm-9 pm
- Area for kids to paint, craft etc. Nightly activities, such as paint with coffee, craft with coffee beans.
Coffee Cup Art
8/10, 8/12, 8/15, 5pm-8pm
- An image of Diamond Head created from hundreds of individual cups of various shades of coffee and can be viewed from 2nd floor.
Dr. Coffee Seminar
8/10, 8/13–8/16, 7pm-10pm
- Hawaii Coffee expert and author, Dr. Shawn Steiman, will address the various aspects of growing and the brewing process coffee in relation to flavor and quality.
Exhibition of Suzanne Wolfe's Coffee Cup Art
Meet the Artist: 8/11-13, 7pm-10pm
Sweeter Side of Coffee
8/9-16, 7pm-10 pm
2nd Floor Beauty World
- Makeup contest and demonstrations inspired by coffee, and complimentary sweets to go with coffee will be served
Meet Pete Licata, 2011 U.S. Barista Champion
- Come by for a sample of coffee made by Pete.