HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Once school starts, your family schedule can fill up quickly with getting the kids to school and taking them to after-school activities. That leaves less time (and more stress!) when it comes to making dinner.
Some families like to prepare big meals over the weekend and eat leftovers during the week. But if you crave something new, why not use one main ingredient to create multiple dishes? Foodland corporate chef Keoni Chang shows us how with three steak meals that are quick, easy to make and will keep your family happy throughout the week.
Recipes courtesy of Keoni Chang:
Grilled Flank Steak with Asparagus
1. Combine garlic, parsley,olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Marinate the steak with half and the asparagus with the other half overnight.
2. Heat a grill. On the high setting, grill the steak approximately 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. On a medium setting, grill the asparagus approximately 2-3 minutes.
3. Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly on a bias and serve with asparagus. Smashed potatoes or roasted potatoes make a nice garnish. Serve with extra lemon wedges on the side.
Flank Steak and Grilled Onion Baguettes
1. Take the baguette and smear the goat cheese along the bottom of each of the two baguette pieces.
2. Slather Dijon mustard on the top side of the baguette. Layer the steak on the bottom side of the baguette, then onions and lettuce. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasalt.
Steak Salad with Blue Cheese and Tomatoes
1. In a chilled bowl, place the greens. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish the dressed greens with tomatoes, bluecheese, onions and steak.
Copyright 2011 by Hawaii News Now. All Rights Reserved.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112