PEARL CITY (HawaiiNewsNow) - Firefighters responded to a Pearl City house fire that claimed the lives of two cats Thursday morning.
Crews were sent to a Lehua Avenue residence at 7 a.m.
The home is located in the Pearl City Peninsula Military Housing.
According to officials, a woman who was home at the time managed to escape.
Aside from the two cats, there were other pets that survived including dogs, rabbits and other small creatures.
Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the living room.
Damages are estimated at $50,000.
Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Trump's remarks Tuesday amounted to a rejection of the Republicans, business leaders and White House advisers who earlier this week had pushed the president to more forcefully and specifically condemn the KKK members, neo-Nazis and white supremacists who took to the streets of Charlottesville.More >>
The water near the Duke Kahanamoku statue raised concerns from environmentalist and beach goers this week after murky clouds were seen just off shore.More >>
A massive air and sea search is underway for five missing soldiers who were on board an Army chopper that crashed late Tuesday off Oahu.More >>
Days after of running out of supply due to high demand, the state's two medical cannabis dispensaries have reopened.More >>