HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu Fire Department collected nearly 2,000 pounds of unused fireworks over the weekend from Windward Oahu stations. It is part of Oahu's fireworks amnesty program.
Here is a list of the Windward stations:
- Kailua 394 lbs
- Waimanalo 158 lbs
- Kaneohe 1,381 lbs
- Kahuku 50 lbs
TOTAL: 1,983 lbs
There will be no collection this fourth of July weekend, but the program continues the next two weekends after that at rotating fire stations.
Fireworks will only be accepted between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., only at the following locations on these dates:
July 9-10, 2011
- Mililani Mauka Fire Station 95-1990 Meheula Parkway
- Moanalua Fire Station 2835 Ala Ilima Street
- Sunset Beach Fire Station 59-719 Kamehameha Highway
- Wahiawa Fire Station 640 California Avenue
July 16-17, 2011
- Hawaii Kai Fire Station 515 Lunalilo Home Road
- Kakaako Fire Station 555 Queen Street
- Kalihi Kai Fire Station 1334 Nimitz Highway
- McCully-Moiliili Fire Station 2425 Date Street
Fireworks may not be dropped off at nondesignated fire stations. More than 4,000 pounds have been turned in since the amnesty program began.