Kauai house fire sends man to hospital

ANAHOLA, KAUAI (HawaiiNewsNow) - A blaze in Anahola sent a man to the hospital with first and second degree burns. It also destroyed his home on Hakuaina Road.

The house went up in flames just after nine Saturday morning and was engulfed by the time fire fighters arrived at 9:19 a.m. Crews extinguished it by 10:00 a.m.

Inspectors believe the fire started in the kitchen, but don't know what caused it yet. Damage is estimated at $300,000.

Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.