HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - On Sunday, June 26, Kahala Mall will host its 2nd Annual Eat, Play, Shop event to promote local sustainability. Whole Foods is hosting several cooking demonstrations in the mall's center court, including Chef Wayne Hirabayshi's recipe, 'Ahi Poke Musubi with King Crab Namasu.'
See details below for the full schedule:
11:00 a.m.: Performance by Ka Hale I o Kahala Halau Hula
12:30 p.m.: Cooking demo with Chef Thomas Ho from Hoku"s at The Kahala Hotel & Resort. He will be creating Chef Wayne Hirabayshi"s recipe: Ahi Poke Musubi with King Crab Namasu from Cheryl Chee Tsutsumi's "The Hawaii Book of Rice."
1:30 p.m.: Cooking demo with Chef Kevin Hanney of 12th Ave. Grill and updates about his newest restaurant venture, Salt.
Also happening throughout the day:
- In-store specials, trunk shows, local designers, product lines
- Whole Foods Market (in-store promos, demos, and vendors fronting store) from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sampling from *SOQ vendors Mall-wide from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. (while supplies last).
- Gift With Purchase: Shop at any store, restaurant or theatres and receive a 1st Look Exteriors Seal of Quality succulent plant. Present $75 in same-day Kahala Mall receipts. Redemption is 10am-3pm or while supplies last. One gift per person and only while supplies last. Present your same-day Kahala Mall receipts on Sunday, June 26, 2011 from 10am-3pm at the kiosk located between Zales and Kahala Kids. Limit two receipts per store. No rainchecks or substitutions. Additional restrictions may apply.
- All shoppers can enter-to-win a two-night staycation at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, at the gift with purchase kiosk, Whole Foods Market and online. Restrictions apply, see www.kahalamallcenter.com for details.
- From Friday, June 24 to Sunday June 26, Subaru Hawaii will be showcasing their latest car, the 2011 Subaru Outback, a vehicle uniquely designed for the Hawaii lifestyle featuring a 24-valve, 6-cylinder Subaru Boxer engine, which produces power with less vibration. The Subaru Outback is one of the few SUVs to achieve Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV) status. Kahala Mall shoppers can enter-to-win a Whole Foods Market gift card from Subaru Hawaii at their car display on Sunday, June 26th.
- Support Kahala Elementary and bring in your traditional light bulbs to receive a FREE CFL bulb compliments of Blue Planet Foundation.
- Barnes and Noble table with authors (meet/signing by Cheryl Tsutsumi, author of "Hawaii Book of Rice.")
*Note: SOQ – Seal of Quality
Eat, Shop, Play is sponsored by Whole Foods Market Kahala, Subaru Hawaii and the Department of Agriculture's Seal of Quality.