Waikiki fire started in dishwasher - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Waikiki fire started in dishwasher

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Fire Investigators have determined that the fire at the Waikiki Sky Tower apartment complex Thursday started in the kitchen in a 5th floor unit.

The cause of this fire either a mechanical failure or malfunction of a built-in dishwasher in the apartment.

Firefighters were initially dispatched to this fire at 12:31 p.m. and it was extinguished at 1:02 p.m.

Damage is estimated at $95,000 to the building itself and $5,000 to the contents in the apartment.

Powered by Frankly