HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Fire broke out Wednesday at a home on the corner of Koko Drive and Paula Drive in Kaimuki.
Flames engulfed the home at 4173 Koko Drive at about 8 a.m. in what one neighbor said was surreal.
The elderly couple that lives at the home were both taken to the Queen's Medical Center for treatment.
They were rescued by two men who were working nearby. Two surveyors working in the area were able to go in the house and help rescue the couple.
Neighbors also reported hearing explosions.
One of the residents was on oxygen the tanks may be the cause of the explosions.
Raw video courtesy James Ho.