HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Tonight Halekulani and Nobu Waikiki are teaming up to present three of the most highly-acclaimed chefs in a culinary benefit for the statewide initiative "Aloha for Japan." Chefs Nobu Matsuhira, Yuji Wakiya and Halekulani's executive chef Vikram Garg appeared on Sunrise to preview the menu.
While tonight's dinner is sold out, you can still enjoy the cuisine of Chef Nobu Matsuhira and Chef Yuji Wakiya in an exclusive 8-course omakase, available for two days only. The meal will feature signature Japanese-Peruvian fare and Haute-Chinese cuisine with specialty cocktails from Japan, China and India. Chefs will be cooking, mingling with guests and offering personalized cookbooks.
Friday, April 22 and Saturday, April 23
Reservations are available at (808) 237-6999 or online at www.opentable.com.
$150 per person
First Course: "Spring Flavor Trio"
- Vegetable and New Zealand King Salmon Harumaki
- Vegetable-flavored Chicken with Matsubagushi
- Endive with Tofu Dipping Sauce
Second Course: "Nobu Duo"
- Lightly Seared Sagoshi (Baby Spanish Mackerel) with Micro Mizuna & Matsuhisa Dressing
- Daikon-wrapped Tai with Uni and Ponzu Gelee with Caviar
- Braised Big Island Abalone and White Asparagus, Harmony of Green Sansho and Yuba
- Sautéed Hawaiian Whitefish, Baby Spinach Salad with Dry Miso and Ginan Sauce
- Lotus Leaf-wrapped Wagyu Beef Tenderloin with Yuzu Miso
- Sushi & Miso Soup
Dessert Courses (2)
- Hokusetsu Sake Kasu with Fruit Pudding
- Espresso Brulee Ice Cream, Lilikoi Foam, Milk Chocolate & Vanilla Salt
"Cocktails from the East" - Designed by Dave Newman, Nobu Waikiki Bar Manager