Fire destroys makeshift home in Wahiawa - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Fire destroys makeshift home in Wahiawa

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Five people in Wahiawa lost their home after a fire early Friday morning. The call came in at 2:12 a.m. on Wilikina Dr.

The residents lived in a makeshift house along Lake Wilson. They say the fire may have been started by a candle in one of the rooms.

Residents tell us they didn't have any running water to put it out so they tried hauling buckets of water up from the lake, but the fire got too big and destroyed their home before firefighters arrived.

One woman burned her hand but refused medical attention.

Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now All Rights Reserved

Powered by Frankly