HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A Disaster Assistance and Recovery Center will open at the Keehi Small Boat harbor on Monday, April 11 and Tuesday, April 12.
It will provide information and services to residents and boat owners whose property was damaged during March's tsunami.
The center will be at the Keehi Small Boat Harbor from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The following agencies are anticipated to support the DARC at the Keehi Harbor Pavilion:
- Hawaii State Civil Defense – General information and DARC Coordination
- Department of Accounting and General Services – General public claim information
- Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism – Providing information on the State's commercial and personal loan program
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs – Answering questions and/or complaints regarding insurance policies
- Department of Health – Health information and available services
- Department of Human Services – Taking applications for assistance programs
- Department of Labor and Industrial Relations – State's unemployment program
- Department of Land and Natural Resources – Small boat harbor information and assistance
- Department of Taxation – Providing information on possible disaster tax relief
- Department of Transportation – General information on commercial harbors
- Pacific Disaster Center – Mapping support and graphics
- U.S. Coast Guard – Marine safety
- City and County of Honolulu – Information and various services including the city loan program
- Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- Aloha United Way 2-1-1 – Information and referral services
- American Red Cross – Emergency assistance for individuals and families
- Catholic Charities – Information and referral services
- Salvation Army – Food baskets and possible clothing assistance