HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Firefighters left Chaminade University after a fire scare early Wednesday morning.
The initial call came in at 6:49 a.m. at Sullivan Library. A second-alarm call was eventually canceled.
According to the Honolulu Fire Department (HFD), a smoke alarm was activated in the library's elevator equipment room, but crews found no smoke or fire in the building.
The university is looking into the problem and checking the alarm system to see if there was a malfunction.
Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now All Rights Reserved