Fire damages Aina Haina church - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Fire damages Aina Haina church

AINA HAINA (HawaiiNewsNow) - Smoldering charcoal thrown into a rubbish can is being blamed for a fire that caused $20,000 damage to an Aina Haina church.

The blaze was reported at 1:10 p.m. at the Church of God on Mona Street. According to the fire department, the fire burned from the outside of the church inward.

The fire burned a portion of the roof and a window of the church.

Fire investigators said the fire was a reminder to completely douse charcoal with water before disposing it.

Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly