HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - With home prices and mortgage rates at or near historic lows, now is a great time to buy a home. Owning a home can help you build wealth over time.
Tips for the First-time Homebuyer
1. Start saving for the down payment. While there are a number of financing options for first time homebuyers, having a solid down payment will help.
2. Get a credit check. Find out if there are issues with your credit and address them.
3. Understand what you can afford by talking to a mortgage loan officer.
4. Learn about the market by visiting open houses and talking with a professional realtor.
5. Get into the market. You may have to start smaller or in a neighborhood that's not your first choice, but getting into the market gives you a chance to trade up as the value of your first home increases as the market increases.
Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now. All Rights Reserved.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112