One man injured, three homeless after Waipahu house fire - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

One man injured, three homeless after Waipahu house fire

WAIPAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - A building fire at 94-447 Hiahia Loop in Waipahu sent one man to the hospital and has left three people homeless Friday.

The fire at the single family home was reported at 1:49 p.m. and brought under control by 2:09 p.m., according to a fire department spokesman.

Three people lived in the 4 bedroom home including and elderly woman and a man who suffered exposure to heat and smoke.

The fire caused and estimated $450,000 damage.

Volunteers with the American Red Cross responding to the fire and are providing emergency needs for food, shelter and clothing.

Copyright Hawaii News Now 2011. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly