HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Tomorrow, March 1st is National Pancake Day and IHOP will celebrate by inviting you to receive a FREE short-stack of its famous buttermilk pancakes for a contribution to Kapi‘olani Medical Center, Hawai‘i's Children's Miracle Network hospital. Amy Hennessey from the Kapiolani Children's Miracle Network stopped by with a short stack to chat about this tasty way to support Hawaii's keiki. Check out the video.. and see below for additional info.
Visit any Hawai‘i location (Kuhio, Waikiki, Windward Mall, Pearl City, Kahului or Hilo) from 7am – 10pm tomorrow. But if you can't make it to IHOP, you can text the word "Miracles" to 50555 and make a $10 donation for Hawai‘i's keiki or make a gift online at www.KapiolaniGift.org.
To find the IHOP closest to you, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com.
Copyright 2011 Hawaii News Now. All Rights Reserved.
Guest: Amy Hennessey, Communications Manager, Kapiolani Children's Miracle Network
NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY
• Tuesday, March 1st, IHOP celebrates its annual National Pancake Day and invites guests to receive a FREE short-stack of its famous buttermilk pancakes for a contribution to Kapi‘olani Medical Center, Hawai‘i's Children's Miracle Network hospital (all donations help kids but guests are encouraged to contribute at least what they would have paid for the pancakes).
• IHOP introduced National Pancake Day as a way to thank guests for their loyal patronage and to give back to the communities in which it operates. IHOP has raised more than $7.65 million dollars for Children's Miracle Network hospitals nationwide.
• In the last 5 years, IHOP locations throughout Hawai‘i have raised over $16,000, 100% staying right here to help our island keiki.
• Visit any Hawai‘i location (Kuhio, Waikiki, Windward Mall, Pearl City, Kahului or Hilo) from 7am – 10pm
• If you can't visit IHOP for National Pancake Day you can Text Miracles to 50555 and make a $10 donation for Hawai‘i's keiki or make a gift online at www.KapiolaniGift.org.
• Pancake Day has been celebrated for centuries as Shrove Tuesday, which marks Mardi Gras (or Fat Tuesday), when the foods forbidden during Lent are all used up and made into pancakes. National Pancake Day typically takes each year in honor of this tradition.
• To find your local IHOP or to donate online, please visit www.ihoppancakeday.com
KAPI‘OLANI CHILDREN'S MIRACLE NETWORK
• Kapi`olani Children's Miracle Network provides support for the care of thousands of Hawaii's children in need of medical treatments resulting from premature birth and birth defects, cancer, accidents, trauma and disease.
• Kapi`olani depends on community support to provide vital medical services to children in need.
• 100% of every donations stays in Hawai‘i to benefit local kids.
• The first IHOP restaurant opened in Toluca Lake, California (a suburb of Los Angeles) in 1958.
• Since opening its doors over 52 years ago, IHOP has served more than 16 billion pancakes with National Pancake Day as the largest one-day event in the company's history.
• There are more than 1,500 IHOPs in 50 states, Canada and Mexico.
• To find and IHOP restaurant in your area, please visit www.ihoppancakeday.com
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112