HONOLULU, Oahu (HawaiiNewsNow) - This one is for all of those Valentine's day lovebirds who got engaged a couple of days ago. Malika is standing by at one of Hawaii's premier wedding destinations, The Iolani Palace with tips on planning for the big day.
See video for the whole story.
· Pick a Date- consider an "off" day; have a few dates in mind
· Type of Wedding- discuss with your fiancé the type of wedding you both want and come to understanding of what you're trying to achieve
· Location- many locations book out a year in advance; find out all available dates
· Budget - determine your realistic budget; if you're overwhelmed consider contacting a wedding coordinator
· Wedding Coordinator- there are levels of service: day of / week of / full coordination
· Pictures - go through magazines and online pictures to determine what styles you and your fiancé like best; bring your samples to vendors to show them what you're looking for
· Be flexible - determine which elements are most important to you and which you're willing to change or adjust
Click HERE for a link to the Current Affairs website.