HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Governor-elect Neil Abercrombie announced the names of more cabinet nominees for his incoming administration. Abercrombie selected five department directors, plus two deputy directors.
Director nominees include:
- Bruce Coppa as director of the Department of Accounting and General Services.
- Keali'i Lopez, Director of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
- Fred Pablo, director of the Department of Taxation
- Sunshine Topping as Director of Human Resources Development
- State Sen. Russell Kokubun as chair of the Department of Agriculture
Jimmy Nakatani was nominated as deputy director of the Agriculture Department, while Guy Kaulukukui was nominated as deputy director of the Department of Land and Natural Resources.
"These are the happiest days for me, and I think we can make so many people happy because they can see that a new day for Hawaii is taking shape with these wonderful people who have committed themselves to public service on behalf of everyone in Hawaii," Abercrombie said in making the appointments.
Abercrombie has announced 15 cabinet appointees so far. The state senate must confirm the nominations.