HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Planning and preparation.. you'll need both before you put your home up for sale. But for those who own a luxury home, the prep time could be 6 months or longer and the cost could be tens of thousands of dollars. In today's Real Estate of Mind, we take a look at what it takes to get a multi-million dollar property ready for market.
Effectively marketing a luxury home requires an even higher level of attention to detail before the home is presented to a discerning public.
- A home will be visited by more potential buyers and agents during the first couple of weeks than it will be during the entire remaining listing period.
- It must be presented in its best light when it first comes on the market.
- It is difficult to get people back to a home they have already seen, even if improvements were made later.
- The number of luxury home buyers is limited. You cannot afford to miss the opportunity to showcase a luxury home when the opportunity presents itself.
- The home must present well to current luxury buyers who have specific expectations and desires.
- It often takes time and resources to properly prepare a luxury home for sale.
- Not rushing to the market before the home is truly ready is important. Some homes can take a year to prepare for sale.
- An experienced luxury market real estate agent is critical to the process in order to prepare the home in a manner that will have the appeal needed and pay back improvements made.