Fire at Marco Polo displaces 5 people - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Fire at Marco Polo displaces 5 people

Courtesy: Stephen Abrams Courtesy: Stephen Abrams

WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) - A Waikiki apartment fire left five people homeless Wednesday night.

The kitchen in a 23rd floor unit at Marco Polo caught fire at around 5:30 p.m.

A man was sleeping in the living room, but woke up just in time.

He contacted fire officials, who arrived on the scene within minutes.

The flames were under control within half an hour, but fire officials estimate $225,000 worth of damages.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2010 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly