HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Whenever you read or hear about investment strategies, one recurring theme is diversity. Beyond stocks, bonds and mutual funds, you may want to get in the Real Estate of Mind to round out your investment portfolio. We spoke with Coldwell Banker Realtor Associate Marlene Baldueza to get some expert advice on investing in real estate. Here are the main points of our discussion.
- Investing in real estate is a good way to diversify your investment portfolio
- real estate has always increased in value over time
- prices have fallen in certain segments in Waikiki over the past few years. Especially the condotel market.
- Units in the Ilikai Hotel were selling for $400+ a few years ago and now they are selling between $200 and $300 thousand.
- Many other smaller condotel unit prices have dipped to under $100,000
- Financing is different for investment property
- Investor rates are well below 5%, but can come with some qualifications
- There are currently 27 properties in Waikiki that advertise Seller financing
- Work with an agent that is experienced in investment properties
- They can help you understand the nuances of investment properties
- They will also encourage you to involve a CPA or financial planner
Waikiki is Open is this Sunday, September 12 from 2 to 5
- 80 homes will be open
- Trolleys will be running to make it easy
- More information at http://www.cbpacific.com/1226954.html