Overcooked food the cause of smoke coming from Salt Lake high-rise

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) – Fire officials determined that overcooked food was the source of smoke coming out of a unit at the Five Regents Condominium in Salt Lake. Fire crews were called to the high rise at 2888 Ala Ilima Street just before 11:00 AM Wednesday.

Firefighters had to force their way into several units on the 22nd floor before finding the source of the smoke. No estimate on the damage has been announced.

Copyright 2010 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.