Fireworks ignite Mililani home - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Fireworks ignite Mililani home

Angie Perez Angie Perez

MILILANI (HawaiiNewsNow) - Honolulu fire investigators say a child playing with fireworks started a house fire in Mililani Friday night.

Firefighters responded to the home on Imina Place just after 6:30 p.m. Smoke and Flames were seen coming out of a bedroom. It was under control within 15 minutes. 

Four people live in the home, but only two were home at the time of the fire.

Resident Angie Perez said, "When I was on the computer and I heard this crackling sound from upstairs and I could see smoke and it was-it was lot of noise like it was like fire crack or something."

Damage to the home is estimated at 150 thousand dollars.   

Copyright 2010 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly