HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Hawaii State Farm Fair has livestock exhibits and cooking demonstrations. Families can also check out the island products at the AG-Tastic Expo.
Farm Fair Shuttle Bus Contest: Win a 6-day Vegas trip for two, including airfare, hotel, meals and transfers! Park at HCC and take the shuttle. Fill out an entry form after you board. Drop it off at the AgTastic Expo. The winner will be announced Sunday at 3pm. You do not need to be present to win.
Here from the farm bureau is Luella Costales.
Hawaii State Farm Fair
Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
AgTastic Expo Participants:
- Atherton Halau
- Rusty's Hawaiian Ka'u Coffee: Named "2010 Most Outstanding Coffee Producer of the Year" by the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe.
- Rising Sun Ka'u Coffee: Named 2010 "Best In Origin" by the Specialty Coffee Association of American and ranked 7th in the SCAA International Cupping Competition.
- Kuahiwi Ranch Natural Beef - Ka'u, Hawaii Island: This locally produced beef is served at top dining and resort establishments such as Alan Wong's Restaurant, Halekulani Hotel and the Four Seasons Hualalai Resort.
- Pavaraga Manoa Coffee: This coffee will be making its debut and will be the first time that people will be able to cup this coffee in 200 years.
- Nalo Farms: This farm features specialty salad mixes and other locally grown vegetables that are on some of Hawaii's best restaurant menus.
- KCC Japanese-Style (Ikebana) Hawaii: Licensed instructor, Junko Kim and her students will be creating Ikebana floral designs utilizing locally raised tropical flowers provided by the Hawaii Florist and Shippers Association (HFSA).
- Kamehameha Schools: They are the sponsors of the AgTastic Expo and will be featuring products such as 100% Kona Coffee that is raised by farmers on Kamehameha Schools agricultural lands on Hawaii Island.
- David Fuertes - Hawaiian Saddle making demonstration: Educator, agriculturalist and Hawaiian saddle maker, David Fuertes will be demonstrating the traditional Paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy) art of saddle making.
- Outside Halau: Green Point Nurseries/HFSA - This Hilo nursery will be selling tropical flowers and the NeoTropica Hawaii Tropical Flower and Plant Guide book on behalf of HFSA
- Honey Cooperative: They'll be selling several varieties of on honey produced from different locations in Hawaii giving each a distinct flavor based on the areas flora.
- Honey Extraction Demonstration: Attendees will be able to extract honey from honey combs on designated times on Saturday and Sunday. Please go: <http://www.hfbf.org> for scheduled times.
- Canoe House
- Maui Ono's
- Kula Strawberries
- Hailimaile Pineapple Co.
- Hanalei Poi and Juice Co. - Haraguchi Family
- Kauai Coffee
- MCFB Keiki Games
- 4-H Keiki Games