**EDITOR'S NOTE** Jimmy Buffett will not be performing live on Maui. His concert will take place on the beach at Gulf Shores, Alabama and be televised at Pailolo Sports Bar & Grill starting at 4 p.m.
With breathtaking views of Maui's famed Ka'anapali beach as well as the islands of Lanai and Molokai, Pailolo Sports Bar & Grill is offering freshly grilled burgers and margaritaville margaritas this Sunday, July 11 from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with proceeds benefiting natural resources defense council.
The fundraiser is inspired by Margaritaville musician and Gulf Coast resident Jimmy Buffett who has scheduled a benefit concert the same day along the Alabama Coast to bring tourists to the beaches stained by the massive BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
The idea of the fundraiser originated from Joe Shell, a friend of Jimmy Buffett and regular guest at the Westin Villas in Maui. Actively involved in environmental and sustainability efforts all year round, the resort's team created the fun Sunday event for the worthwhile cause and to help bring additional awareness on the importance of preserving mother nature.
Open to the public, it is the perfect way to support the effort and spend a relaxing Sunday with delicious burgers, margaritas and music all day long at the oceanfront Pailolo Sports Bar & Grill.
The resort is right on North Ka'anapali Beach with Pailolo mere steps away from the ocean. Complimentary self-parking available at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. For more information, call the resort at 667-3200 or visit www.westinkaanapali.com.
"Cheeseburgers in Paradise" Burgers
Kamuela Tomato Chutney
1. Turn on grill to high heat, season burger with salt and pepper.
2. Grill burger to desired preference - medium or well done.
3. Slice challah oat bun in half and toast lightly.
4. Place cooked burger on toasted bun.
5. Cook bacon slices and place on burger.
6. Top burger with cheddar.
7. Garnish with lettuce, tomato and onion.
8. Ready to serve with side of chutney and taro chips.
9. Note: Use the chutney as a spread on the burger instead of the usual mustard for enhanced flavoring.
1. Over high heat, heat oil in a sauce pan. Add diced onions and cook until soft
2. Add ginger and garlic, bring down the flame to medium-low.
3. Add smoked paprika, followed by sherry and vinegar.
4. Add honey, tomato and spices, then bring to a simmer and slow cook for 20 minutes.
5. Remove bay leaves and star anise, place in a shallow pan to cool.
Recipe by: Francois Milliet, Executive Chef, The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
silver tequila, cointreau, fresh lime juice. served on the rocks and topped with yuzu cilantro foam, served in a salt rimmed glass, garnished with star fruit.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112