HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - This week, Chef Chai is preparing two tasty dishes: spicy aloun farm's long bean and ground pork and ox tail soup. He joins Steve in the kitchen.
Spicy Aloun Farm's Long Bean and Ground Pork
1 lb. Long Bean cut in to one an inch long
1/2 lb. Ground pork
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 tablespoon chopped shallot
1/2 tablespoon Sambol Chili
1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon Thai Fish sauce or Aloha Soy Sauce
1/6 tablespoon sugar
- Sauté garlic and shallot with vegetable oil for half minute then add ground pork and sauté until the pork is cooked.
- Add long beans, and cook for a minute or the ling bean about hale way cook ad chicken stock and remaining of the ingredients and cook until the long bean is cooked. (about 2 minutes)
- Depend on the heat of your stove, if the sauce is too dry add more chicken stock or water.
Ox Tail Soup
8 qt of chicken stock or water
5 lbs. ox tails. Cut in two inch thick
5stock of lemon grass, slices
10 pieces of kaffir lime leaves
1 piece Galangal
5 clove of shallot
10 clove of garlic
1 piece carrot
1 stalk celery
20 pieces cherry tomato
6 oz fish sauce or Aloha Soy Shoyu
1 tablespoon of sugar
5 pieces Chili Pepper (to taste)
1/2 tablespoon of Chinese parsley
1/2 cup celery, thin slices
3 juice of lemon
- In a pot add chicken stock, and ox tail and bring to a boiled, and remove all the scum then turns the heat down to simmer.
- Add lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, garlic, and shallot, onion, celery, carrot then season with fish sauce, sugar. Keep simmer until the ox tails are tendered (about 2-3 hours)
- Add chili pepper, celery, cilantro and lemon juice, before serve.
Copyright 2010 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Hawaii News Now
420 Waiakamilo Road, Suite 205
Honolulu, HI 96817
Main (808) 847-3246
News (808) 847-1112