Firefighters extinguish industrial fire on Maui - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Firefighters extinguish industrial fire on Maui

PUUNENE, Maui (HawaiiNewsNow) – Multiple fire units were called to the scene of a metal fire in central Maui Friday afternoon. The fire started around 2:30 PM Friday at the SOS Metals company on Mokulele Highway.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control around 3:30 PM. Officials believe that the fire is not suspicious in nature. The fire may have been caused by different types of batteries coming in contact with each other, but no definite cause has been determined at this time.

No monetary damage was incurred as a result of the fire and there were no reports of injuries.

Powered by Frankly