Next month is National Dairy Month. So we're gearing up! Sweetie and Steve are back in the kitchen with another Easy Eats segment.
Makes: 4 servings
What You Need
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Light House Italian Dressing
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 KRAFT 2% Milk Singles
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- HEAT dressing in large nonstick skillet. Add onions; cook and stir 2 minutes. Top with mushrooms. Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, carefully moving mushrooms to stir onions occasionally.
- REMOVE onions from skillet; set aside. Top mushrooms with 2% Milk Singles; continue cooking until 2% Singles begin to melt.
- PLACE 1/4 of the onions on bottom half of each bun; cover with mushroom and top half of bun.
Nutritional Information: Calories 240, Total fat 8 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 610 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Dietary fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 12 g, Vitamin A 6 %DV, Vitamin C 6 %DV, Calcium 30 %DV, Iron 15 %DV
Healthy Living Information: Good source of calcium
Diet Exchange: 1-1/2 Starch + 1 Vegetable + 1 Meat (L) + 1 Fat
Nutrition Bonus: You'll never miss the meat in this toothsome sandwich! The KRAFT 2% Milk Singles add an excellent source of calcium.
What You Need
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cups frozen Southern-style hash browns
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- MIX milk and soup in large saucepan. Stir in hash browns. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 min., stirring frequently.
- SERVE topped with cheese, bacon and onions.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper just before serving.
- Serve each bowl with a crusty whole grain roll or bread.
Nutrition Bonus: Warm up on a cool, fall day with a cup of this easy chowder that is rich in calcium from the Cheddar cheese and milk.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 190 calories, 6g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 6g sugars, 12g protein, 10%DV vitamin A, 10%DV vitamin C, 45%DV calcium, 4%DV iron.
Exchange: 1 Starch, 1/2 Milk (FF), 1 Meat (L)