Suspect's lawyer says sex with Mililani teen was consensual - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

Suspect's lawyer says sex with Mililani teen was consensual

Nicholas Anduha Nicholas Anduha
Walter Rodby Walter Rodby

By Minna Sugimoto - bio | email

HONOLULU (KHNL) - The lawyer for a young man accused of preying upon teenaged girls in Mililani says the sex his client had with one of the alleged victims was consensual.

Nicholas Anduha, 20, pleaded not guilty to eight counts of sex assault, two counts of kidnapping and two counts of terroristic threatening Monday. He was arraigned via video hookup from the Oahu Community Correctional Center.

Police say Anduha grabbed a 15-year-old girl at knifepoint, but fled after her boyfriend intervened. Later that same day, investigators say he forced another 15-year-old girl into his van, drove around with her for several hours and sexually assaulted her.

"We spent last week Friday going around Central Oahu and the North Shore gathering up witnesses who will be able to come into court and say that the contact they observed the day of the incident was consensual," Walter Rodby, defense attorney, said. "In other words, they cruised around Oahu together."

Anduha's trial is tentatively set for November 30th.

Powered by Frankly