HFD concludes investigation into fire that ripped through Foster Village home

Fire erupts at Foster Village home

FOSTER VILLAGE (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu Fire Department says a fire that ripped through a home in Foster Village late Wednesday was caused by electrical arcing in a power strip.

Nearly 40 firefighters responded to the blaze on Haloa Drive around 10:25 p.m.

According to HFD, eight people, including three children, managed to escape the home safely.

The fire was fully extinguished by 11:15 p.m.

The blaze is estimated to have caused more than $671,000 in damage.

The Hawaii Red Cross is assisting those who were displaced by the fire.

HFD officials said the home did not have a working smoke alarm, emphasizing the need for residents to check their own smoke alarm systems.

This story will be updated.

Copyright 2019 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.